[plug] mounting CD in DVD drive

Bernard Blackham dagobah at mad.scientist.com
Sun Oct 29 22:57:20 WST 2000

On Sun, 29 Oct 2000 navarre at plug.linux.org.au wrote:
> I have a funny with my new DVD ROM drive acting as CD ROM drive under
> Linux.
Can't help you there... wrong drivers spring to mind, but nothing specific

> Secondary question - to create the console text above I ran the prompt as
> root, the error text scrolled off the screen, using shift page up I
> scrolled back the console buffer which I grabed using gpm, scrolled back
> and created a text file using ed added the text fro the gpm buffer into
> the new document, then suspended ed went back and grabed the rest of the
> error text, put ed in foreground pasted the secong gpm buffer closed the
> file and there I have it. Was there another way? I thing you can redirect
> stderr to a file yes/no?

Type a command and follow it by &> filename.out to dump stdout and stderr
to that file, eg. "mount &> mount.list" will redirect both stdout and
stderr to whatever file. For more details type "man bash" and look up the
part on "REDIRECTION".

Regards,

Bernard.

--