[plug] Pretty Printer

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Mon Oct 30 09:39:06 WST 2000

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 02:06:32PM +0800, BillK wrote:
> Is there a pretty printer program that will print colour highlighted c++
> source code?  Many like  gvim etc do sytax highlighting on the display,
> but not when printed.  I would prefer one that just adds colour, not
> reformats my work as well.

Emacs can do this (and much, much more).  From my .emacs

;;;; Postscript printing stuff
(setq ps-paper-type 'a4)
(setq ps-lpr-command "lpr")
(setq ps-lpr-switches '( "-Pbasil"))

Then use M-x ps-print-buffer-with-faces (with tab completion it's not as
bad as it looks, or bind it to a key) to get a colour syntax highlighted
print, and the indentation etc won't be changed.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: "Of course it is none
of my business, but --" is to place a period after the word "but."  Don't use
excessive force in supplying such a moron with a period.  Cutting his throat
is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about.
		-- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"