[plug] Pretty Printer

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Oct 30 10:30:11 WST 2000

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 07:33:45PM +0800, BillK wrote:
> a2ps looks like a very complex overkill as all I want is the c++ syntax
> colour highlighting - not auto formatting which has the potential to
> destroy my code!  Downloading to tryout anyway, as nothing else has
> suggested itself so far, and I am not about to go highlighting by hand
> in staroffice! - wish I had the time to write some macro's tho.

Well, since it does have more features than you need it may be described
as "overkill" but you certainly can't call it "very complex".  It won't
destroy your code at all and I've no idea what would give you that
impression.

a2ps --pretty-print=cxx myfile.C -o myfile.ps

(Or omit the last argument to print immediately.)

Not very hard at all and it will format your code extremely nicely.
Besides, all those other features that you don't need right now will
almost certainly come in useful at some point down the track (assuming
this is not the last time you print a text file under Linux...)