[plug] O'Reilly

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Fri Sep 1 15:04:08 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> >From the email address, I assumed that you were on safari, in the deep,
> dark, african jungle, looking for Dr Livingstone, or a 100 carrot
> diamond, or something.

Heh. We have a second home in Durban. I have a .au address, but haven't
set things up for multiple email id's on the sending side, so the .za is
what I'm usually using.

> I don't get over that way (UWA), often, now that my car is not well,
> but, if you happened to be at the installfest, which I am hoping to
> attend...

I'll certainly bring the book if I get there. Work's been a bit of a
seven-day-a-week affair recently, so I can't be sure.

I see there's a third edition out just last month - I have the second
edition. The new edition seems to have dropped the Perl chapter, but has
added Gnome and KDE plus some other stuff. The table of contents, and a
sample chapter on rpm an deb, are linked from:
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxnut3/

Colin