[plug] O'Reilly

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Fri Sep 1 15:37:05 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> Pity about the Perl chapter. Without having seen the content of it, it
> sounds like it could have been useful.

It's probably the chapter I use most. There is a Perl quick reference
which O'Reilly sold and which could be freely downloaded from the Web as
a .ps to print out:
http://www.squirrel.nl/people/jvromans/perlref.html
Haven't looked at it in a while, but I think the Nutshell chapter was
based on it.

> What do they mean, "An Alternative Window manager: fvwm2"? I thought the
> others were alternative ones!@ I use fvwm2 (or fvwm95; I think is the
> same thing?), on my RH 5.2. I thought that was the more standard one.

I think RH is defaulting to Gnome and Enlightenment now. I imagine
they'll end up with HelixGnome and SawFish once the latter is stable.

Colin