[plug] Script not working

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Mon Sep 4 16:18:34 WST 2000

On Mon, 4 Sep 2000 navarre at plug.linux.org.au wrote:

> Is there a general rule in Linux/unix to not report errors like the one I
> created or is it normal to die silent and do nothing?

No, of course it isnt normal. Its a design issue in 'gs' - I have had
problems there too. Your mis-typed command was actually valid. The output
would have gone to the default output location, whatever that is. (The man
page doesnt say. Anyone? )  The use of -d and -s is ugly and error-prone.

  Similarly tar defaults to some weird historical oddity for its output,
rather than stdout, which is the more normal unix way.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--