[plug] Web Site

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 5 22:58:12 WST 2000

> So have a peek and tell me what you think.

( you are expecting nit-picking beta-testing, right? )

- hacked use of tables for controlling layout
- over-riding users font choices
- gratuitous use of latency-pumping animated gifs

yep, looks like your standard professional web page alright :)

It passes the lynx test with flying colours, so should be readable on lots
of platforms.

  Lets try it on InternetExploder ... hey! It looks much better.
You didnt design it on and for windoze, did you??? You bastard!
Lets see the source ...

Is verdana a windoze font, or should I have in in X? And is there really a
font called helvectia, or is that a typo for helvetica?

  Lets test it with the W3C validator (an essential check for all web
sites). Needs a bit of work. See:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fplug.linux.org.au%2F%7Ealpha%2Findex.phtml

Thanks for the effort - it looks good, despite the animated gif.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--