[plug] mailing list (archive orphans)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Wed Sep 6 23:54:42 WST 2000

Bret Busby wrote:
> Leon Brooks wrote:
>> Matt Kemner wrote:
>>> Also if you type the address for september in manually
>>> (http://www.cantech.net.au/plug/2000-09/threads.html)
>>> there's a whole bunch of truncated messages down the
>>> bottom. Any ideas what happened there?

>> Looks like we'll have to blame Bret. Every single one of the orphans is
>> his. I wonder if he has ooh-that-smarts quotes turned on?

> I don't understand.

Neither do I. But I'm working on it. I looked at the unthreaded HTML index, and
there were a whole pile of orphan messages down at the end, every single one of
them signed by one B Busby.

--
"In my day, we didn't have virtual reality. If a one-eyed razorback
 barbarian warrior was chasing you with an ax, you just had to hope