T1 (was Re: [plug] Mailing list archive)

Tony Clark tclark at telia.com
Wed Sep 6 19:52:51 WST 2000

quoting Jason Nicholls <jason at mindsocket.com.au>:

> Hey,
>
> On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 06:22:48PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > Thanks, everyone, for the info about the T1.
> >
> > After about 10-15 calls to Telecom, and, about half an hour or, so,
> > was advised that Australia uses E3, clocked down to T1, and that E3
is
> > used everywhere else in the world, execpt for the USA, which uses
T1.

> Read my last email, the bit about the USA being about the only place
that
> use
> Tn (n = integer) carriers is true.

Lots of places use T1 not just the USA.  Hong Kong and China come to
mind.  They actually use a mix of E1 and T1.  Mind you, I haven't ever
heard of T1 being used in Oz, so I suggest Bret makes another 15 calls
and clears that bit of mis-information up  :-)

tony

Contract Digital Design
Mobile +46 702 894 667