[plug] 4 Port serial cards, mgetty etc etc

Earnshaw, Mike earnshawm at wa.switch.aust.com
Thu Sep 7 12:43:00 WST 2000

List,

Been following a HOWTO that I got from linuxdoc.org on PPP server HOWTO
and it has says:

"chmod u+s /usr/sbin/pppd ... if you don't do this users will be unable
to set up their ppp link"

Now I am cheating a little since I have a working PPP server that I
inherited (but it only has one serial and we have moved to 4) so I check
things against that to see what the differences are. On the working
server it does not have rws (set uid?) on ppd, but it works. I suppose
if it ain't broke why change it, but what is the difference between the
two.

Thanks

Mike