[plug] Mail Digest and PuTTY echo.

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Fri Sep 8 14:13:36 WST 2000

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Michael Hunt wrote:

> 1. Matt is it possible to get a daily digest of all the messages on a the
> plug list.

Yes, you can send the message "subscribe" to plug-digest-request and
reply the message you get, but you will also need to send me a seperate
email so I can add you to the list of email addresses that are allowed to
post to the main plug list.

> messages in digest form I could download at a better time

But can't you connect up once a day and download them all at once
from your mailserver anyway?

> am using it to connect to a pop3 server port and delete large messages from
> mail accounts that I don't want to download. It really helps when you can
> see what you are typing.

Doesn't the remote POP server echo what you type? I thought most POP
servers did...

> P.S. If anyone know of a complete list of POP3 commands I would appreciate a
> link or a copy.

They are all in RFC 1939, available at your local friendly RFC mirror.

I don't know of any in Niger, but for Perthites the closest would be
ftp://typhaon.ucs.uwa.edu.au/pub/rfc/rfc1939.txt.gz

> I'm part curly after a way to view the headers before I
> delete the messages.

TOP <message number> <number of lines of the body you want to see>

eg "TOP 1 0" if you want to see only the headers of the first message.
"TOP 28 5" if you want headers and the first 5 lines of msg 28.

 - Matt