[plug] Mail Digest and PuTTY echo.

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Fri Sep 8 05:13:02 WST 2000

Hi ya all,

Two quick questions one to Matt as list maintainer and one to the whole
list.

1. Matt is it possible to get a daily digest of all the messages on a the
plug list. My connection chokes at various times of the day here in Africa
and I end up with multiple copies of the plug mail messages in my plug
folder because my connection dropped off or timed out. If I got the list
messages in digest form I could download at a better time and one that is
more economical. (Net connectivity in Niger comes in at about $4 an hour off
peak and $8 an hour peak, with the whole of the country being serviced by
192k satellite link that during peak periods crawls like a turtle. The local
agrimet (Niger's equivalent of the CSIRO) runs its whole operations off a
28.8k leased line and it has 110 computers providing 9 countries in West
Africa with an early warning system of famine, plague controls, weather
information etc. So you can see what I am up against if an organization with
USAID funding can only get this). Mayne the digest in a sipped format to
????

2. Does anyone know of a way to turn local echo on with the PuTTY client ? I
am using it to connect to a pop3 server port and delete large messages from
mail accounts that I don't want to download. It really helps when you can
see what you are typing. At present I have had to resort to using the
Microsoft telnet client in order to see what I am typing.

Michael Hunt

P.S. If anyone know of a complete list of POP3 commands I would appreciate a
link or a copy. I'm part curly after a way to view the headers before I
delete the messages.