[plug] 4 Port serial cards, mgetty etc etc

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Sep 8 14:13:48 WST 2000

Michael Hunt wrote:

> So what use did you put a 4 port pcmcia serial card to. I did not now that
> even such a thing existed !!!
>
> Michael Hunt

Yeah, 4 port Quatech card. I just grepped the pcmcia sources for a 4 port card
that was supported, and contacted the manufacturer to get one. Sold by Industrial
Computer Source in Melb.
Plugged it in and bingo, had ttyS16..ttyS19 automaticly.
And the system will support 2 of them, so you could have 8 ports on a laptop..
Convinent.. no ?

--
Brad....
                   /"\