[plug] 4 Port serial cards, mgetty etc etc

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Sep 8 14:34:07 WST 2000

Brad Campbell wrote:

> Michael Hunt wrote:
>
> > So what use did you put a 4 port pcmcia serial card to. I did not now that
> > even such a thing existed !!!
> >
> > Michael Hunt
>
> Yeah, 4 port Quatech card. I just grepped the pcmcia sources for a 4 port card
> that was supported, and contacted the manufacturer to get one. Sold by Industrial
> Computer Source in Melb.
> Plugged it in and bingo, had ttyS16..ttyS19 automaticly.
> And the system will support 2 of them, so you could have 8 ports on a laptop..
> Convinent.. no ?

Sorry, just realised I did not answer the question..
I'm doing some development work on an Comms server for a security system, that
needs to talk to about 6 devices at once, thus the need for LOTS of com ports
on my laptop. I can't be stuffed lugging a pc around to do development/testing.

--
Brad....
                   /"\