[plug] ppp + authentication

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Sep 14 10:27:29 WST 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Earnshaw, Mike wrote:

> Not sure where I am going now with this problem. So far I have managed
> to use pam_smb with console logins but with ppp I it appears to be still
> using /etc/passwd.

<snip>

> I am really not sure where to look now. Any pointers please?

Try nOT useinf PAP.  Take out the line for autoppp in mgetty.conf.   Then set
thew windows machine to display a post dial terminal window.

Then you'll be useing /bin/login instead of the PAP stuff in ppp.   I know
it's a sub optimal solution BUT it may work.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */