[plug] OT: MS Freedom to enervate

alan howard alanh at wn.com.au
Sun Sep 17 20:54:10 WST 2000

On Sun, 17 Sep 2000, Leon Brooks wrote:
> alan howard wrote:
> > has any one seen microsofts freedom to inovate network - what a joke,
>
> Call it "freedom to enervate" as it's both more accurate, gets the message
> across, and is easier to take than the raucous laughter it deserves.
>
>     http://www.dictionary.com/cgi-bin/dict.pl?term=enervate
>
> The definition from Princeton University (scroll down that URL) seems most
> appropriate.
>
> Don'chya love it when the randomly-generated taglines resonate so well? (-:

the problem here, leon, is that most pc users think that MS is god, fortunatly
the subscibers to this group know otherwise. It would be a joke if it wasn't
taken seriously, unfortunatly it will be by most. :-(.
it reminds me of the VHS versus BETA video debate many years ago . the superior
system (BETA ) lost against VHS in the home , while BETACAM is used
profesionally and not VHS. Which is superior? The one that sells the most , or
the one that performs the best?
regards
alan howard