[plug] [contains rant] Linux in schools (was: public company? )

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Mon Sep 18 09:48:06 WST 2000

Of course the cost thing isn't so much of an issue at schools - they are
given a bundle of 'free' CDs with all the Back Office stuff.

They generally seem to run the server stuff on plain new PCs, without
following the recommendations from Microsoft about how to break up the
tasks.

The word 'entrapment' springs to mind . . (and some images from that film,
mmm)

You have to show the schools how they can use the new machines to run Learn
To Spell games and the old machines that no longer do that properly can be
used as the servers.

K.