[plug] Site for flavour comparison

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Mon Sep 18 10:29:40 WST 2000

At 10:10 18/09/00, Chris Norwood wrote:
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a site where the various distributions
>are compared that doesn't consist of  - Redhat sux dedian rules etc.  I am
>trying to work out what flavour would best suit me as a Windows user trying
>to learn basic Linux without too much programming.  I like a program that
>holds my hand while learning it. Hopefully this will give me some idea of
>what flavour to put on at the installfest (currently RH6.2).  I have tried a
>few sites without much success.

The September 2000 edition of Australian Personal Computer magazine gave a
fairly comprehensive review of the various linux distributions.  You might
be able to find the article at http://www.apcmag.com/.

>Please note I am not trying to start a distribution argument thread!!!

You are so.  Admit it! =)

skribe
	Purity:                           62.0%
	Corruption:                    38.0%
	Insanity:                        36.3636363636364%
	Weirdness factor:           31%
	Experience Level:           JonKatz Wannabe
	Medieval Career:            Black Knight