[plug] MS Freedom to inovate network ????? (off topic )

Bradley Woodward sweenytod at sweenytod.com
Mon Sep 18 10:54:20 WST 2000

At 10:48 AM 18/09/2000, you wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 09:56:04AM +0800, Bradley Woodward wrote:
> > At 09:41 AM 18/09/2000, you wrote:
> > >I doubt they would do this given the stranglehold Apache has on the web
> > >server market but the idea is definitely something they might consider.
> >
> > It's not that much of a strangle hold, to be honest.  Netcraft modified
> > their surveys, and now don't include default installs, that aren't real
> web
> > sites.  They call them "active" sites, and the percentages are very close.
>
>Ummm... sorry?  The percentage dropped about 3%.  Apache has 59.6%
>market share ("active sites") according to the link above.  The next

The point Netcraft made was that most of these sites are default installs
of Linux and Apache.  You install Linux with all options selected, and you
end up with a working web server (cool hey), and a webpage.  Netcraft
stopped counting those default installed webpages, and the percentages
dropped to what I posted.

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.    His skin was pale and his eye was odd.
Always trust an Australian with a razor.

http://www.sweenytod.com               Paranoid is normal, normal is good