[plug] lies, damned lies and statistics. (OT)

Bradley Woodward sweenytod at sweenytod.com
Mon Sep 18 11:13:48 WST 2000

At 11:07 AM 18/09/2000, you wrote:
>On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 10:54:20AM +0800, Bradley Woodward wrote:
> > The point Netcraft made was that most of these sites are default installs
> > of Linux and Apache.  You install Linux with all options selected, and you
> > end up with a working web server (cool hey), and a webpage.  Netcraft
> > stopped counting those default installed webpages, and the percentages
> > dropped to what I posted.
>
>I hope that "cool hey" is sarcastic -- the last thing it should do is
>install a working web server.  Either way, the percentages dropped by
>THREE PERCENT, i.e., they barely moved so my description of a
>stranglehold is still quite reasonable.

Ok, whatever.  I'm not gonna argue over the numbers writen on a
webpage.  Read it yourself, you'll find what I said printed there.  It even
made news on slashdot, so I suppect there is some validity to it.

Either way, Apache still leads.

Attend the tale of Sweeney Todd.    His skin was pale and his eye was odd.
Always trust an Australian with a razor.

http://www.sweenytod.com               Paranoid is normal, normal is good