[plug] MS Freedom to inovate network ????? (off topic )

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Mon Sep 18 11:44:54 WST 2000

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Bradley Woodward wrote:
> At 09:41 AM 18/09/2000, you wrote:
> >I doubt they would do this given the stranglehold Apache has on the web
> >server market but the idea is definitely something they might consider.
> OS              Hosts           %       Active          %
> Linux           6,116,811       35.73   2,265,095       29.99
> Microsoft       3,644,187       21.32   2,222,841       28.32
>
> Apache is still in front, but not by a heck of a lot.
OK, assuming that IIS => Windows is plausible, but remember that Apache is
Free Software and is available on an absurd number of platforms. If there
are more _Linux_ servers alone than Microsoft, then I'd say the Apache
numbers would almost certainly constitute a stranglehold.
You should probably have made sure of what your numbers meant before you
tried to argue with Christian - I suspect he did not read your irrelevant
numbers, having already read the relevant ones himself.

-Greg Mildenhall