[plug] Samba query (fwd)

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Sep 21 14:03:24 WST 2000

"de Vries, Arie" wrote:
> I was only trying to help Kevin by pointing out the default behaviour of M$,
> when a network interface was configured to 'Obtain an IP address
> automatically' and there were problems with DHCP.

You _are_ being helpful. All of this Windows bizarrity is useful stuff I
didn't know before. Do you know if W2k responds normally in SMB when
it's semi-configured like this?

> But if you think I'm wrong, OK, "I'll take my bat and go home"

No, I don't think you're wrong and I don't know where you got that
impression.

A better idea would be to take your bat and use it on Bill each time he
lies or causes some new proprietary incompatibility to happen. The
bat'll be worn out in no time, is the down-side.

--
If at first you don't succeed, try a shorter bungee.