[plug] /etc/bashrc

Kai vk6ksj at siwa.com.au
Fri Sep 22 00:02:05 WST 2000

'tis me again,
I am not much of a boffin when it comes to Linux, I just know the basics -
that should change once I finish Uni ! :-)
What I would like to know is how to get, for example, Netscape 4.73 to work
by typing "netscape &" at the prompt.
I know you gotta edit the profile or something to that effect (one file
that's got the same effect on Windows as autoexec.bat with it's file and
pathnames) but I am not sure how it's done or what file.

Would it be like this?
$netscape=/usr/local/netscape473/netscape
or am I going the wrong way?

Having said that, I expect a heap of sarcasm to follow the next post,
hahahahaaa

Any help is greatly appreciated !

/Kai