[plug] XMMS

Gavan Blunt gavan at mindless.com
Fri Sep 22 22:15:44 WST 2000

On my RH6.2 machine, I'm having lots of probs with xmms.  Since installing
helix gnome 1.2, it suffers from lots of skips, keeps intermittently
fading/zooming volume to either left or right, terrible performance when
anything else is reading from disk, and just generally giving me the irrits.
I've just upgraded to the latest version of xmms and the problem seems to
have been slightly reduced, but hasn't gone away completely.  Does anyone
have any ideas on what may be wrong (other than the fact that I'm running
gnome 1.2 on a P166/64MB machine)?

Gavan Blunt