[plug] cd wont play

Dennis Plester dennisp at tiwest.com.au
Tue Sep 26 07:51:07 WST 2000

Just in case you are interested, the scsi-3/mmc, ATAPI, etc refer to the
different ways in which the audio can be extracted, depending on the type of
device you are using. My guess is that your burner is an IDE (or ATAPI)
unit. If you choose the wrong method of digital audio extraction, you may
get rubbish like white noise, or even tracks of pure digital silence. I've
made one or two CD compilations of the sounds of silence in my time.
Xcdroast defaults to scsi-3/mmc on some IDE writers I've come across.

If in doubt,  you can play the extracted tracks back in Xcdroast first from
the hard disk. If you can hear the music (sound card permitting), they
should be fine once burnt on a CD.

Hope this explains things.

Dennis.