[plug] Red Hat 7

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Tue Sep 26 12:59:51 WST 2000

G'day,

On Tue, Sep 26, 2000 at 12:30:59PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Garry wrote:
> >
> > For those interested, Red Hat 7 is now avalable.
> >
> > details at: www.redhat.com/products/software
> >
> > Garry
>
> Any idea what kernel it uses? The web pages say that it is "2.4 ready";
> indicating that whatever kernel it uses, can be replaced with the 2.4
> kernel (if I understand that right), but, I could not find what kernel
> it uses.
>
> And, of course, this comes, just after we started replacing my RH 5.2
> with 6.2...
>
> Has anyone installed it yet? Noticed any significant differences in 7.0
> over 6.2?
>
> Any disks been cut locally?

Please check:

	http://www.redhat.com/products/software/linux/pl_rhl7.html

for a package listing of rh7. In summary:

	- like 6.2 +
		- latest gnome stuff (say 6.2 + helix gnome)
		- stuff that has been missing for a long time due to whatever
		  reasons:
		  	- mysql
			- openssl (+ssh)
		- XFree86 4.0.1
	- better (matter of opinion) config tools etc...

Later,

Jason Nicholls