[plug] Mandrake's buginess

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Tue Sep 26 14:01:33 WST 2000

Dennis Plester wrote:

> Does anyone out there actually know what is meant by Mandrake's "buggy"
> reputation? (Ref: September APC).
>
> What were the Mandrake problems experienced at the Installfest? My run with
> 7.1 has been smooth as, but I have only chucked it on 4 different machines
> of various ages...
>
> As for Red Hat's reliability, isn't Mandrake based on Red Hat anyway?

The being based on Red Hat, is (or, was) hotly denied by Mandrake.
Earlier versions apparently were, but not as of v7, I think, according
to Mandrake.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988