[plug] Mandrake's buginess

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Tue Sep 26 15:40:15 WST 2000

Dennis Plester wrote:
> Does anyone out there actually know what is meant by Mandrake's "buggy"
> reputation? (Ref: September APC).

Somebody's been playing with Beta releases.

> What were the Mandrake problems experienced at the Installfest? My run with
> 7.1 has been smooth as, but I have only chucked it on 4 different machines
> of various ages...

Same here. 7.2BETA has some definite issues, most of which I expect to see
evapourate over the next few weeks.

> As for Red Hat's reliability, isn't Mandrake based on Red Hat anyway?

Was. Is now quite independent. Many RPMS work between Mandrake/RH/Caldera/SuSE
and probably others, but sometimes you have to tell RPM to ignore false
dependency issues.

--
Windows 98: n.
32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an