[plug] Debian

Garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Tue Sep 26 15:30:11 WST 2000

Brett,

Sorry to hear that you took 3 hrs to travel the 20 odd kms to the Installfest.
Yes, arriving late would have been awkward, with 2 or 3 machines.

One way to get a set of disks, would be to ask someone who is into Debian to
copy them for you, and post them. BUT, you are far more likely to succeed if
you offer to cover cost of disks and postage etc. I think maybe $10-12 would
cover it. There is 3 disks involved.

You would then not have to travel at all.
Or if picking up disks from someone, have 3 of their favourite (ask them) brand of disk in hand. Then, simply read the
documentation for instructions on how to do an installation in a
particular way.

Another way, would be to ask if there is anyone in your area who would be
prepared to help you. I'm sure there would be someone living between
Maddington-Armadale, who, _if asked nicely_, would be prepared to help.

I obtained a set of Debian disks following a chance conversation with Frank at
the Installfest. He copied them for me for the UCC PLUG meeting the next day.
(Thanks again Frank.)  I am interested in learning about Debian, but it may
happen that it doesn't turn out to be my distribution of choice.

If it doesn't, I'll just donate the 3 disks to the club for the software
library.

Regards,

Garry.