Distributions - was Re: [plug] Red Hat 7

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 27 10:21:23 WST 2000

Matt Kemner wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Bret Busby wrote:

<snip>

> > Perhaps that's it; from memory, the 486 has a 1.1GB HDD, and a 454MB
> > HDD.
> > We keep Win 3.11 on it. (We need to)
> > Thus, it could be that both sockets are occupied.
>
> But you don't need to be able to access Win3.11 while you're installing
> Linux, do you?
> So temporarily unplug that drive and plug the CDROM in.
>
>  - Matt

It appears that I got it wrong; Anne told me last night, that the
problem is that the motherboard does not support a CD drive via the IDE
card. She may clarify this.

Wrong box; another one has the above hard drive configuration - the 486
has only a single hard disk drive, with both RH 6 and Win3.11.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988