[plug] Russ's fetchmail

Brian Tombleson Brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Wed Sep 27 11:10:35 WST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "russ" <russ at embedit.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 10:22 AM

<snip>
> I just got it yesterday. When I mentioned fetchmail, the response was:
here's the default windows
> configuration, we don't support fetchmail.
>
> Hmmmm. Come to think of it, that's the almost the same response I got from
PLUG! :-)

Ok, grizzly-guts.  Your problem for fetchmail (i recall) is something like
this:
  "socket error while fetching from iinet.net.au"

First question: aren't you supposed to be connecting to mail.iinet.net.au ?

Second, what's your configuration file (or command line parameters), so we
could at least have a guess?

- Brian.