[plug] Russ's fetchmail

Nigel Duff peregrin at iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 27 14:03:53 WST 2000

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 11:32:17AM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, russ wrote:
> > Brian Tombleson wrote:
> > > First question: aren't you supposed to be connecting to mail.iinet.net.au ?
> > I've actually changed it to the IP address
> > now (one of those nice windows settings I got :).
> They give their users IP addresses instead of FQDNs?
> Case closed. Be careful not to contract their contagious stupidity, Bret.

 In all fairness, Iinet have always said to use "mail.m.iinet.net.au"[1],
so that if their primary mail server falls over, you are pointed to their
back up.

 Just checking to make sure the address is still correct, i notice they
also have a Linux help page[2]. Whenever I've called, I've always had
gotten Linux related help if needed.

[1] http://www.iinet.net.au/help/config/index.html
[2] http://www.iinet.net.au/help/linux/index.html

- Nigel