iinet mail servers; was Re: [plug] Russ's fetchmail

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 27 14:21:30 WST 2000

Nigel Duff wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 11:32:17AM +0800, The Thought Assassin wrote:

> > > I've actually changed it to the IP address
> > > now (one of those nice windows settings I got :).
> > They give their users IP addresses instead of FQDNs?
> > Case closed. Be careful not to contract their contagious stupidity, Bret.
> >

>  In all fairness, Iinet have always said to use "mail.m.iinet.net.au"[1],
> so that if their primary mail server falls over, you are pointed to their
> back up.

Just out of interest, they have told me to switch between their servers,
at one stage to specify muzak, again, after having been told that about
a year ago (previously mentioned last year on the list), as opposed to
using mail.m, and, the latest, was to use a specific IP address, which
we are still using, to try to overcome the mail problem that I have been
experiencing (which is still not resolved, after a few weeks).

They keep changing what they do with their mail servers, and, it's all
kind of unstable.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988