[plug] ADSL comment

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Wed Sep 27 14:38:00 WST 2000

The Thought Assassin wrote:

> On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, Bret Busby wrote:
> > My brother in Auckland, NZ, has ADSL, and apparently gets pretty good
> > data transmission rates. I think his rate is about 128kb, but I am not
> > sure. When downloads are in the megabytes per email, it would make a
> > difference.
> If he corresponds with you regularly, I can see that might be an issue. :)
>
> -Greg

Mainly when I sent him pictures of what it's like to live in a remote
community, and, when I send him massive files, like winword documents,
to read on his macwhatist, and get the formatting stuft.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988