[plug] Squid config

Steve Baker sbaker at icg.net.au
Thu Sep 28 17:24:51 WST 2000

List,

I am setting up a squid proxy server (v 2.2.STABLE5), and it basically works
but it gives me an 'access denied' error when I try to access pages on the
same host as the proxy.  I have set the httpd_accel_host and _port options,
relocated the apache server to port 8080, and turned accel_with_proxy on.

The ACL's all appear to be correct, since I can access other sites and all
of the ACL's are concerned with 'src' IP's.  When I try to access
'http://rouble' I get

<QUOTE>
"ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://rouble.sg.mercatela.com:8080/

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
incorrect. "
</QUOTE>

BUT: when I click on the http://...:8080 URL it works (obviously by
bypassing the proxy).