[plug] Squid config

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Thu Sep 28 21:01:19 WST 2000

Steve Baker wrote:
> I am setting up a squid proxy server (v 2.2.STABLE5), and it basically works
> but it gives me an 'access denied' error when I try to access pages on the
> same host as the proxy.  I have set the httpd_accel_host and _port options,
> relocated the apache server to port 8080, and turned accel_with_proxy on.

> The ACL's all appear to be correct, since I can access other sites and all
> of the ACL's are concerned with 'src' IP's.  When I try to access
> 'http://rouble' I get

> <QUOTE>
> "ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved

> While trying to retrieve the URL: http://rouble.sg.mercatela.com:8080/

> The following error was encountered:

> Access Denied.

> Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at
> this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is
> incorrect. "
> </QUOTE>

> BUT: when I click on the http://...:8080 URL it works (obviously by
> bypassing the proxy).

Other than making sure that 127.0.0.1 is not forbidden anywhere, no clear idea.
I usually do a redirect (for transproxy) from the LAN-side interface to Squid on
3128, and let users hit the BigBadWorld interface for their web service. Same
machine, different doorway. I don't normally use Squid as both a local proxy and
HTTPd accelerator, but see no reason for it failing.

--
I don't know what's scarier - losing nuclear weapons or that it
happens so often that we have a name for it. -- Giles Prentice, "Broken Arrow"