Gratuitous acrimonious bickering - was Re: [plug] Acronyms and obscurity

Bret Busby bret at clearsol.iinet.net.au
Fri Sep 29 17:50:08 WST 2000

Oliver White wrote:

> Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > Hard luck for anyone with a genuine interest in Linux, that comes to the
> > mailing list for help.
>
> Think to yourself, Bret. How often do you get praised for your contributions
> to this list. Do you really think there's a silent majority on the list who
> support you? If they would speak up now I will eat my words and appologise in
> person for the slight.
>
> --
> Oliver White

I would think that anyone who is not primarily interested in the
mindless bickering, would be inclined to stay away from it, apart from
the victim, who has been trying to end the bickering..

If you think that this is all a matter of "lets attack Bret, all those
against him on this side of the line, and all those against him on that
side of the line", and, your obvious attempt at point scoring, that is
unfortunate.

This mailing list was once related to Linux, and to helping people with
Linux queries.

It is unfortunate that it has lost its way, to be taken over by people
more interested in hostile campaigns.

Hopefully, matters relating to Linux, will, sometime, again be present
on the list, without the mindless bickering.

--

Bret Busby

"So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the
answer means."
 - Deep Thought, Chapter 28 of The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988