[plug] Can you hear a sound like the breaking of waves?

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Fri Sep 29 17:53:38 WST 2000

Today, out of the blue, a cousin of mine rang and asked me, "Leon, is there
anything I can run on my computer besides Windows?" Next week, he tries Linux.

Then an employer of mine asked if there was another mail client he coyuld use
"like Outlook, but without the viruses?" A computer of his sits to my right,
waiting for me to install KDE2 and Evolution.

Lots of things like this, and the overwhelming response to our InstallFest, lead
me to believe that Linux has hit critical mass, and at the same time Microsoft's
bubble is bursting.

Have you had similar experiences?

--
#include <signal.h>