[plug] wishlist please.

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Sun Apr 1 10:50:04 WST 2001

Depends on your budget, really.  If you're going to be doing some
heavy jobs that rely on having a good processor, then go for the
T-Bird.  If money is the biggest concern, a Duron will do just fine
(and given that it has a 200mhz FSB and can make use of 133mhz ram
assuming the mainboard can, you'll be happy).  The Asus mainboards
seem to be the flavour of choice currently, so you may want to look
into their selections for your board.  You can get the video card I
want, the AGP M64 TNT2 32mb one, for only $95 (or you can help me get
it by buying my AGP Diamond Viper550 8mb TNT card for $50 hint hint
*grin*) and that'll do you video wise for a bit as long as #1 isn't a
real 3D gaming fanatic.

Ari

Original message from: Bill Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au>

>I am starting on doing the research as to what to upgrade my present
>destop system with.  This is a K6-400 which acts as the
gateway/server