[plug] Kernel Routing Magic

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 1 18:11:00 WST 2001

I agree - you need something at each end to enable a negotiated QOS
system.  However, a small improvement can be made by using ipchains QOS
bits - which affect outgoing only.  These seem particularly effective
with telnet type connections when ftp uploads are happening.  If there
is a viable solution, I too would like to know about it.  Doesnt IPv6
have some built in QOS magic, but I do not know if it actually works/has
been implemented though, and is probably irrelevant as ppp is based on
simplified IPv4.

BillK