[plug] Debian Grumbling about libncurses

Jeffery Wong cheongfook at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 2 18:33:47 WST 2001

Howdy everyone,

I've been trying to do several things to my Debian gateway box.
1) Recompiling my kernel complains that I need libncurses to be installed
when i try to run make menuconfig or other similar config editors.
2) When installing LanSafe III it also complains "/usr/ls3/install.ls3: can't
load library 'libncurses.so.3.0' "

I'm sure I have libncurses5 installed and all the dependencies.
Also, I'm pretty sure there are several programs that rely on libncurses to
run are running happily.

Is it just me? or there are some patches for it?

All advice greatly appreciated.

-Jeff-
PS: I do have all the packages updated from the net.