[plug] httptunnel in 'doze (OT?)

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Mon Apr 2 23:46:27 WST 2001

On Mon, 2 Apr 2001, Bernard Blackham wrote:

> I'm exploring the possibilities of httptunnel and as useful as it seems it
> would be brilliant if there was a Windows 9x version of the client.
[...]
> leads to me believe that nobody has, people complaining that the supplied
> executables GPF or otherwise crash, I presume because they're the NT
> binaries from the official website - I tried that too. Does anybody who's
> used httptunnel have any experience building or found the client for
> Windows 9x?

I used the ones from the official website (or rather, the site the
official website linked to.. okchicken.com or something)

I had the segfault problem, but managed to get it to work after playing
with the parameters somewhat.  Unfortunately I can't remember the magic
incantation it wanted, but I can assure you that it did work - so keep
playing with them.

> I don't mind compiling it manually, I just don't like the
> propect of Cygwin's installer wanting to download 10's of MBs of packages.

I compiled them using cygwin and that made no difference (segfaults etc)
but that was before I got it working with the right parameters.

Never really had any need for it, other than the curiosity factor, so I
gave up once I got it working, and never bothered to make a .bat file up
with the right parameters, which I probably should have done... :)

 - Matt