[plug] [ot] wanted cpu to suit socket 7 - amd k6?

Aunty Jack delilah at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 3 20:19:25 WST 2001

Socket 7.  Is that what an old (5v) P1 goes in?

Mine's a 75Meg unit, and i'd _love_ to plug in a faster cpu if that's posssible
- without spending a bundle, as it doesn't really seem worth it to spend big on
an old banger.

I did see ad's for a plug in daughter board of some sort that ran a K6-2 at 4
hundred and something MHz which plugged into your trusty P1 socket. I seem to
recall they cost around $160 or so (incl. CPU).

Does this discussion imply that i don't need the gadget? (It was meant to do a
3.3v conversion, too) Does a K6 run on 3.3v or 5v?

Aunty.