[plug] Agenda VR3 handheld

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Apr 4 10:18:14 WST 2001

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Simon Scott wrote:

> 	Dunno about delivery time, but shipping was $50+ US.... killer.....
> Hopefully at that price, itll get here soonish

You must bring it to a meeting!

> 	They appear to be having a little difficulty with the HWR, but Im
> sure that will happen soon...

I hope they will license Graffiti, or something else that actually works.

> 	Im looking for a book on xlib programming, anyone have any

The PDA runs X!? Are they insane?  Can you run the X-protocol acroos your
LAN? ie to display PDA apps on desktop and vice versa?
 It'd make development easier.

I suppose the standard Xlib manual, published by Oreilly, is good.
Its "Volume 1: Xlib Programming Manual" - thats vol 1 of the standard X
manual set.  Volume 2 is the reference manual, ie the man pages you
already have.

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/v1/

 There must be plenty of electronic versions floating about, if you
prefer.

Try this:
http://www.rzg.mpg.de/rzg/batch/NEC/sx4a_doc/g1ae02e/cover.html

> hear that possibly some guys are working on a scaled down GTK+ for the
> machine....

There is an "embedded GTK" I think.

> 	Ill probably start by hacking a few FLTK apps together, and then
> maybe dive into some xlib programming to knock up some little games....

You might find some old X-lib based games to port.

<lots of junk snipped>

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--