[plug] Agenda VR3 handheld

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Apr 4 09:13:56 WST 2001

	Dunno about delivery time, but shipping was $50+ US.... killer.....
Hopefully at that price, itll get here soonish

	According to people on #agenda, there is plenty of room for apps.
Obviously MP3 playing isnt a major application (on 16M of flash, 10 bit mono
sound) but as a PDA the power is more than enough... however you should keep
in mind that very little is tailored for the vr3 yet, and most things are
straight ports with few to no changes.. so sometimes it will chug.

	Theyve ported all sorts o' crap, including apache and nfsd.

	They appear to be having a little difficulty with the HWR, but Im
sure that will happen soon...

	Im looking for a book on xlib programming, anyone have any
recommendations? FLTK is builtin, but for little games you dont really need
widgets so xlib appears the way to go. FLTK looks pretty cool, but there is
nothing stopping anyone from using other toolkits, as long as they fit.... I
hear that possibly some guys are working on a scaled down GTK+ for the
machine....

	Ill probably start by hacking a few FLTK apps together, and then
maybe dive into some xlib programming to knock up some little games....
there is a game called Aliens for it already , which is kinda a galaga clone
of sorts and its kinda sweet....