[plug] Agenda VR3 handheld

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Wed Apr 4 11:25:24 WST 2001

	I think the whole point of the Agena is to remain non-proprietary,
in software at least.

	Yeh, X seems to be overkill to me, but I think they wanted to retain
compatibility to a certain degree, making porting etc easier... and as I
said, X isnt that bad by itself, its the giu toolkits and window managers
that kill.... So X and FLTK is quite thin.

	You could map the FB I spose, but wouldnt that exclude X from
running at the same time? Something has to own the FB?

	It seems xlib is more than fast enough... and since it is embedded
in the device, you dont need extra libs etc. The game Aliens has a 35K
executable, so you can fit quite a few natty little progs in flash.