[plug] Kernel issues Mandrake?

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Wed Apr 4 13:19:19 WST 2001

Mark Saxon wrote:

> Actually its begining to look like there is not a patch to match my
> specific
> kernel. The win4lin kernel version does not  match my 2.2.17-21 kernel
> source
> and there is know matching kernel avaliable. Bummer.....it still does
> not
> explain why only two modules fail to load against it though.
>
> Guess I'll have to stick with VMware for now.
>
> Mark

Why not just compiler your own vanilla kernel?
I have never run the supplied kernel for any distro, the first thing I do
after installing the compiler is compile a new kernel.. It's not that hard
Just grab the latest kernel, add the win4lin patches and compile away..
Christ.. If I can do it, anyone can..

--
Brad....
                   /"\