[plug] sound mixer

J Tonkin blazer666 at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Apr 4 19:01:11 WST 2001

I'm running the same(SB live 2.2.18 and debian) i use aumix which works in
console and X it also reloads the configuration everytime i reboot. The
problem could be the permissions are not set properly if you are not running
in root
try:
chmod 0777 /dev/mixer
chmod 0777 /dev/audio
chmod 0777 /dev/dsp
or whatever permissions you deem suitable.

P.S. I have had trouble getting my SB live to work when i have compiled it
in the kernel i usually compile it as a module.