[plug] Lucent modems and Employment

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Apr 6 08:43:18 WST 2001

Fabrício dos Anjos Silva wrote:

> 1.  I just want to tell those who have a Lucent Technologies chipset
> based winmodem that I am successfully using one of these on my Linux
> machine. For this, I downloaded, compiled and installed a specific
> kernel module. It is not the newest driver version (as in Windows) but
> it works fine. I'm saying this because I heard about one person who sold
> his Lucent modem and brought another one just because he couldn't make
> it work on Linux. Well, If any of you want to know more about it, just
> ask me.

I second that. I have a lucent winmodem on my laptop that has been running
flawlessly now for about 6 months using the drivers at linmodems.org.
It works quite well actually, and uses less power that my pcmcia modem
card too..
Wierd fault though. If my bios OS setting is any of the WINDOWS settings
the bios does something strange to the PCI init, and I cant pick the card
up. Change it to OS:Other and awayyyyy we go....
I believe the driver for the PcTel modems works quite well to..

--
Brad....
                   /"\