[plug] Fw: I am so sorry!Your hosts was hacked!

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Mon Apr 9 09:12:30 WST 2001

	Ask yourself 1 question..... do you really care?

	I have a minor attempt at firewalling on my box, but either way I
dont really care. If anyone hacks it, they are more than welcome to use its
mind-numbing p100-ness while Im not there. As long as it continues to do
what I set it up to do, my care factor will continue to be nought... hell,
there's even approx 800meg to dump stuff if they so desire.... hell, set
yourself an account up and go nuts...

	EXCEPT

	if its being used as a jump point for other attacks on sensitive
servers... I might get shirty then

	Otherwise I can restore the box very quickly if they do an rm -fr /
or something

	The whole hacking this is pointless, as most of the machines on the
net arent worth hacking.  This is just bored 14 yr olds who think they are
l337... They probably have more processing power than my p100 server at
home, so why bother? Even if they get onto my server, most of the other
machines on the lan are either switched off when noone is there or are
pentium linux boxen with like php and postgresql, something they can
download and install themselves.,,, I have zero sensitive data.... move
along people, nothing to see here...

	Its all very sad indeed....